Skip to content
- An offshore wind project will provide 28% of Delaware’s electricity.
- Price is right. MA has 2 contracts, 1 for 6.5 cents/kWh, and 1 for 5.8 cents/kWh. Current Delmarva price is ~7.1 cents.
- Health effects: 800 MW project will spare 9.5 lives/yr.; will spare $69M/yr. in health costs.
- “…wind energy can be a powerful factor in protecting the birds that we love…” (Audubon Society website, 2021) U.S. cats kill 1.3-4B birds/yr.; wind turbines kill 140,000-500,000 birds/yr.
- SPECIAL INITIATIVE ON OFFSHORE WIND (SIOW) HAS BEGUN SCIENTIFIC STUDY ON OFFSHORE WIND OPTIONS. WILL FINISH BY ~NOV.