The Inland Bays Foundation will Attend the Delaware Clean Water Forum on May 20th
The Clean Water Forum will be held Friday, May 20, 2016 from 8:30AM – 4:30PM at the Atlantic Sands Hotel, 101 N. Boardwalk, at the Ocean in Rehoboth Beach, DE.
The Forum will explore solutions to improve the relationship between agriculture and aquatic eco-systems.
- Maryland’s policy using the P-Index for restricting the use of poultry litter
- Delaware’s solution for clean-up of surface water and aquifers
- Anaerobic Digestion – A process for bio-conversion of poultry litter to organic fertilizer
- Feedstock Brokering – collection, transportation, and distribution of poultry litter
- Method for capturing the nutrient overload before it flows into the Bays
- Bivalve Hatcheries for the Chesapeake Bay and Inland Bays
Agenda, Topics, & Speakers
- Edwin Kee, DE Secretary for Agriculture will speak about Best Management Practices in Agriculture for the Chesapeake Bay, and The Economic Health of the Poultry Industry
- Dr. Michael Niederbacher of BTS Biogas will speak about Anaerobic Digestion
- David Small, DE Secretary of DNREC will speak about Solutions for Clean up of Surface Waters
- Dr. Eric Lam of Rutgers University, will speak about Capturing the Nutrient Flow-Before the Waters go into the Chesapeake Bay and the Inland Bays
- Dr. Dennis McIntosh, Aquaculture Specialist at Delaware State University and David Small, DE Secretary for DNREC will together talk about The Future of Shellfish Aquaculture Development in the Delaware Inland Bays
Join many prominent speakers, including Dr. McIntosh, this Friday, May 20th at The Clean Water Forum. A limited number of tickets are still available here: http://www.edendelmarva.org/clean-water-forum.html